Start the ball rolling for summer '24

JENZA Paper Tear

Jenza Work Canada

Working holidays in Canada

Want to live in Canada for up to a year with visa support, a pre-arranged seasonal job and five nights' accommodation when you land? Do Canadian bears *beep* in the woods?

Fancy a yarn? 

Let’s talk

The Canada visa pools close in Sep, so apply now ready for summer '24!

JENZA Paper Tear

Head for the hills

Why do a working holiday visa Canada?

Home to chilled locals, cool cities and wilderness scenery that will happily blow your ski socks off – Canada is one of the most liveable countries in the world. And thanks to a flexible two-year working holiday visa, one of the most workable. Hit the ground/slopes/trails running with a pre-arranged 4-6 month summer or ski season job. Or carve your own path doing casual or career work in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Montreal or Edmonton.

The Jenza difference

Illustrated black footprints

Roadtested experiences

Hear from travellers who’ve been there and worn the ‘I heart Ryan Reynolds’ tee. Our roadtesters trial every JENZA experience to ensure it serves our travel community first. 

Black laptop and sunglasses

Unlimited Job Hub access

The worst part of job hunting? All of it. Which is why we source and vet hundreds of jobs. Interview before you go, when you land and for your whole visa.

Black illustrated coconut cocktail

Yes to no stress

From guiding you through the working holiday visa process to bed nights, job workshops and bank account support when you land – we help work out all the details.

A group of friends stand at the top of a Canadian ski slope

Icon awesome-birthday-cake.svg

18-35 years

Icon ionic-ios-time.svg

12-month visa

Icon awesome-calendar-alt.svg

Visa applications open Dec/Jan

Icon material-work.svg

Ski or summer job before you go

Icon awesome-money-bill-wave.png

Earn CAD $15-$20 ph

Icon material-hotel.svg

5 nights when you land


Roadtester Banner - Mia (Work Canada)
JENZA Paper Tear

What she said

"I wouldn’t take anything back, this has been the best experience of my life.”

Mia, JENZA roadtester

JENZA Paper Tear

Get on board

Work Canada | $800

We provide the visa application help, pre-arranged job and arrival support you need to spend up to a year living and working in Canada.

Starting in Vancouver or Toronto, our optional group start dates allow you to spend the first six days of your Canada working holiday with people like you. With five nights’ hostel accommodation, arrival orientations and job workshops – it’s the best way to settle into Canadian life before starting work.

Sure, getting your working holiday visa for Canada can be a bit of a hill to climb, but that’s where yours truly comes in.

To work in Canada, you must have a work permit from International Experience Canada (the IEC). The IEC visa allows you to work for up to 12 months in any industry, other than the sex industry.

There are only a limited number of IEC Canada visas each year, and so applications work via a pool system. (Not the fun pina colada kind, the kind where if your name is drawn out, you’ll be sent an ‘Invitation to Apply’ for your work permit).

Fast forward some more forms and a biometrics appointment, and you'll receive your ‘Port of Entry’ letter to work in Canada. You then have 12 months to enter the country.

The IEC visa pool opens in Dec/Jan each year, and usually stays open until Sep/Oct. Applying early ensures your profile is exposed to the maximum number of name draws.

  • US passport holders must have their ‘Invitation to Apply’ letter before their 36th birthday
  • Have proof of CAD $2,500 in support funds
  • No criminal convictions from the last five years
  • Most applicants are required to have a police background check

    Confused? Scroll the page to watch Jessie explain the visa process.

Your visa allows you to do casual or career work. Typical backpacker and gap year jobs include working in tourism, hospitality, sales, labouring, childcare, retail and seasonal work in ski and summer resorts.

Seasonal jobs are the most popular options for travellers when they first arrive – working as a housekeeper, server, barista, chef, lift attendant, rental technician, driver or ski instructor. The minimum wage differs per state or province, with Alberta, Ontario and British Colombia all around the CAD $15 mark. Most of our pre-arranged ski and summer season employers pay between $15-21 an hour, plus tips where applicable.

You can also work in industries related to your career, education or trade – such as nursing, beauty, marketing, finance, recruitment and everything between. Here your earning potential will be higher, especially with a two-year visa to build up your experience

While numbers are not guaranteed (especially outside of the ski season), we suggest timing your flights with our group arrival dates and monthly social:

  • 10 Jan 23
  • 14 Feb 23
  • 14 Mar 23
  • 11 Apr 23
  • 9 May 23
  • 13 Jun 23
  • 11 Jul 23
  • 8 Aug 23
  • 12 Sep 23
  • 10 Oct 23
  • 14 Nov 23
  • 12 Dec 23 However, SWAP (our in-country partners) run an in-person arrival orientation every Wednesday, so you can arrive at any time and we'll book your hostel accommodation around your flights.

What's included

Everything you need to get your visa, get hired and get on the plane – with one-on-one support from people who’ve been. 

The IEC doesn't allow us to apply for your visa on your behalf, but we're with you the whole way – with the correct forms, one-on-one calls and visa webinars to ensure your application is submitted correctly.

Your visa fee (currently CAD $261) is paid directly to the Canadian government, and you must also attend a biometrics appointment at a designated biometrics centre to have your photo and fingerprints taken.

The whole visa process from entering the IEC visa pool to receiving your ‘Port of Entry’ letter can take between 2-3 months. We suggest booking as soon as the pool opens for the best chance of securing a visa.

You can interview with our summer or winter employers before you go, plus access unlimited working holiday jobs on the road.

Our Dream Jobs team scour the planet finding seasonal employers who are looking to take on working holidaymakers. They’re pre-vetted to make sure everything is legit, and once you get your ‘Invitation to Apply’, you can start searching and applying for positions on our JENZA Job Hub.

If you want to sort a job before you go, we work with some of the top resorts in Canada, including in Banff and Whistler, to help you secure a 4-6 month ski season or summer job. Depending on the resort, you’ll need to commit to the full winter season (Nov-Mar) or summer season (May-Sep). Almost all our seasonal employers include subsidised staff housing (around $400-600 per month) and great perks such as discounted lift passes, gear hire, and ski or snowboard lessons.

If you’d rather wait until you land, a job workshop is included in your arrival orientation. You’ll also have access to our JENZA Job Hub for your whole visa.

Your Work Canada ride or die, all our JENZA Support Squad have worked the world, so can give you firsthand advice on moving overseas. As well as being a geeky bunch of travel nerds and visa whisperers, we're also mental health awareness trained. Which means we know how to connect like humans – not customer service bots.

On top of one-on-one video calls, visa webinars and pre-departure handbooks, there’s a group call with the team in Canada every Tuesday to answer all your questions before you go.

  • 5 nights at the Samesun hostel in either Toronto, Vancouver or Banff; or the HI hostel in Calgary
  • Weekly in-person arrival orientation every Wednesday (remote if starting in Banff or Calgary)
  • Job workshops to find available positions and get your CV Canada-ready (remote if starting in Banff or Calgary)
  • Long-term accommodation support
  • Monthly social events in Vancouver and Toronto
  • Access to SWAP’s resource centres in Vancouver or Toronto for your whole visa

If you’re heading straight for the mountains or don’t want to go via Vancouver or Toronto, you can use your accommodation in Banff or Calgary at any point in your trip.

This is all the un-sexy stuff, but essential and legal stuff you need to start working in Canada. When you arrive, the SWAP team will help you to set up:

  • SIN (Social Insurance Number)
  • Canada bank account
  • SIM card

Free (or close to free) stuff Our favourite F word. Score hundreds of overseas discounts with our virtual JENZA X IYTC card.

Earn extra cash Shot it? Share it. We pay for blogs, vlogs, images and videos. DM us on Insta and send us a pitch.

Ask an alumni  Hear from people who've been. We try to have an alumni on every pre-departure call to answer all your questions.

Find a friend Meet people like you. Connect with travellers arriving at the same time on our JENZA Discord group chats.

Book now pay later

  • Secure your spot with a $115 deposit to get started with the IEC visa application, with support from the JENZA team.
  • Final payment of $685 to gain access to the jobs hub, once your ITA is secured.

    About our pricing | Our mission is to make working abroad more accessible. Meaning we do everything we can pay our team, support our partners and make a profit – without screwing over the people who matter. Find out how our pricing works and the people involved in making your JENZA happen.

    We also walk the walk, donating 5% of profits to our overseas scholarship fund.

What’s not included

Support funds (CAD $)

You are required to show proof that you can access CAD $2,500.

Travel insurance for Canada

You may be asked for your policy documents at immigration, so you must take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover you for your whole stay. For example, if you book a six-month policy to save money, you run the risk of your visa being stamped for that duration – not the full duration of your visa.

In-person biometrics appointment

This is a condition of your visa and currently costs CAD $85.

Visa fee Canada

This is paid directly to the Canada Embassy and currently costs CAD $261.

Canada police background check

You need to provide a police check for every country you have continuously lived in for 6+ months since the age of 18. The process and cost varies per country.


We don’t recommend booking flights until your visa is approved.

A young man does a handstand in the road with the Canadian Rockies in the background - from Thomas Griesbeck via Unsplash
JENZA Paper Tear

The great returners

Already used your IEC working holiday visa?

All is not lost! JENZA is also allocated RO letters (Recognised Organisation) and Young Professional visas that could still allow you to work in Canada. Call us to check what allocation is left and to see if you qualify.

JENZA Paper Tear
JENZA Paper Tear
JENZA Paper Tear


What the squad say 

#Team talk 

Canada visas explained

The IEC Canada visa process can be a bewildering one. A pool without togs is confusing for a start. Especially for Jessie (an Aussie) and one of our JENZA Support Squad. Here’s the need to know on who can apply for a working holiday visa Canada, how the visa pool works and when to apply.

Canada jobs explained

Your visa allows you to do pretty much any job in Canada. But doing a ski season when you arrive is an epic way to find your feet, meet other travellers and live on the mountain. And you don’t need to be able to ski or board. In fact, snow angels can be just as impressive as switch backside 180s. Plus, après ski is universal, right?

The JENZA blog


All the inspo and intel on life in Canada


Need to know / Canada

Everything you need to know about the IEC Canada working holiday visa

Hannah Jeffery

We came, we read, we spent two years living and working in Canada.

You shaped travel

What our Canada roadtesters had to say

Before you’re even let loose on one of our JENZA experiences, it’s trialled by either a JENZA roadtester or member of our Youth Advisory Panel. Because if it didn’t fly with them, it’s sure as heck not going to fly with you. Meet Mia and Laura, and their 2-4-1 advice on moving from Oz to Canada. It will give you chills.

JENZA Paper Tear

Travel you can trust

Our Extra Mile Promise

Every JENZA experience has been shaped by our Youth Advisory Panel, roadtested by our travellers, and backed by 60+ years of work abroad expertise. But if we still don’t rock your world, we’ll refund the part of your JENZA program you’re not happy with. T&Cs apply

JENZA Paper Tear

Who you gonna call?

Let's talk Canada

Get some facetime with our amazing JENZA Support Squad. When they’re not posing for pool pics, they’re making your work aboard adventures happen with their endless enthusiasm and mad traveller skills. These include: parent whispering, visa geekery and the ability to pack a backpack in 30 seconds flat.


More ways to work the world


Did someone say ‘gap decade?' 

JENZA Paper Tear
TikTokIcon_White.svgInstagramIcon_White .svgYouTubeIcon_White.svg

Privacy Policy

BUNAC Travel Services Ltd trading as “JENZA” is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 01391030 and registered address at 5 Richbell Place, London, UK, WC1N 3LA.