Book now pay later with a deposit

JENZA Paper Tear

Jenza Work Canada

Work and travel in Canada

Want to live in Canada for up to two years with visa support, a pre-arranged seasonal job and five nights' accommodation when you land? Do Canadian bears *beep* in the woods?

Fancy a yarn? 

Let’s talk

Time to move – the IEC Canada pools are open and summer resort hiring is happening now!

JENZA Paper Tear

Head for the hills

Why do a working holiday visa Canada?

Home to chilled locals, cool cities and wild scenery that will happily blow your ski socks off – Canada is one of the most liveable countries in the world. And thanks to a flexible two-year working holiday visa and decent minimum wage, one of the most workable. With hills that are alive with the sound of seasonal workers, hit the ground/slopes/trails running with a 4-6 month summer or ski season job when you arrive - usually with subsidised accommodation and perks such as lift passes. Or carve your own path with jobs related to your trade or profession. Plus, you can work this visa until you’re 35.

The Jenza difference

Illustrated black footprints

Roadtested experiences

Hear from travellers who’ve been there and worn the ‘I heart Ryan Reynolds’ tee. Our roadtesters trial every JENZA experience to ensure it serves our travel community first. 

Black laptop and sunglasses

Unlimited Job Hub access

The worst part of job hunting? All of it. Which is why we source and vet hundreds of jobs. Interview before you go, when you land and for your whole visa.

Black illustrated coconut cocktail

Yes to no stress

From guiding you through the working holiday visa process to bed nights, job workshops and bank account support when you land – we help work out all the details.

People pose with Canada flag on snowy mountain, maple leaf design in orange, dog with snow goggles

Hiring new

Come snow or shine, Canada is the ultimate year-rounder. Our resorts in Whistler, Banff, Jasper, Panorama and more are now interviewing for 4-6 month summer jobs with April-June start dates. Waiting for winter? Book now and enter the visa pools to get your ducks in a row ready for ski job hiring. (Or should that be geese?).

Icon awesome-birthday-cake.svg

18-35 years

Icon ionic-ios-time.svg

24-month visa

Icon awesome-calendar-alt.svg

Visa applications now open

Icon material-work.svg

Ski or summer job before you go

Icon awesome-thumbs-up.svg

Earn CAD $15-$20 ph

Icon material-hotel.svg

5 nights when you land


Roadtester Banner - Mia (Work Canada)
JENZA Paper Tear

What she said

"I wouldn’t take anything back, this has been the best experience of my life.”

Mia, JENZA roadtester

JENZA Paper Tear

Get on board

Work Canada | $1,349

We provide the visa application help, pre-arranged job and arrival support you need to spend up to two years living and working overseas in Canada.

Starting in Vancouver or Toronto, our optional group start dates allow you to spend the first six days of your Canada working holiday with people like you. With five nights’ hostel accommodation, arrival orientations and job workshops – it’s the best way to settle into Canadian life before starting work.

Working holiday visa Canada update The IEC Canada visa pools for 2024 visa applications are now open. The earlier you enter the pools, the more draws your name will be exposed to – increasing your chances of getting a visa. So get your skates on!

To work in Canada, you must have a work permit from International Experience Canada (the IEC). The IEC visa allows you to work for up to 24 months in any industry, other than the sex industry. You’re only allowed one visa per lifetime, so it’s designed to grab life by the snowballs and make it count.

There are only a limited number of IEC Canada visas each year, and so applications work via a pool system. (Not the fun pina colada kind, the kind where if your name is drawn out, you’ll be sent an ‘Invitation to Apply’ for your work permit).

Fast forward some more forms and a biometrics appointment, and you'll receive your ‘Port of Entry’ letter to work in Canada. You then have 12 months to enter the country.

The IEC visa pool opens in Dec/Jan each year, and usually stays open until Sep/Oct. Applying early ensures your profile is exposed to the maximum number of name draws.

  • Australian passport holders must have their ‘Invitation to Apply’ letter before their 36th birthday
  • Have proof of CAD $2,500 in support funds
  • No criminal convictions from the last five years
  • Most applicants are required to have a police background check

If you’ve already have had an IEC Canada visa, talk to us about our returner visas. These include the RO letter (Recognised Organisation) and Young Professionals visa.

Confused? Scroll the page to watch Jessie explain the visa process.

Your visa allows you to do casual or career work. Typical backpacker and gap year jobs include working in tourism, hospitality, sales, labouring, childcare, retail and seasonal work in ski and summer resorts.

Seasonal jobs are the most popular options for travellers when they first arrive – working as a housekeeper, server, barista, chef, lift attendant, rental technician, driver or ski instructor. The minimum wage differs per state or province, with Alberta, Ontario and British Colombia all around the CAD $15 mark. Most of our pre-arranged ski and summer season employers pay between $15-21 an hour, plus tips where applicable.

You can also work in industries related to your career, education or trade – such as nursing, beauty, marketing, finance, recruitment and everything between. Here your earning potential will be higher, especially with a two-year visa to build up your experience.

SWAP (our in-country partners) run your in-person arrival orientation every Wednesday in Vancouver and Toronto, but you can arrive at any time and we can book your 5 nights' hostel accommodation around your flights. Virtual arrival orientations for Banff and Calgary are every Thursday.

SWAP run monthly events such as hockey games, baseball games, outdoor movie nights and walking tours - which usually run on the third and fourth weeks of the month (although not guaranteed as it relies on game timetables etc). If your arrival doesn't coincide with an event but you're still in Toronto or Vancouver, you're welcome to head along!

What's included

Everything you need to get your visa, get hired and get on the plane – with one-on-one support from people who’ve been. 

The IEC doesn't allow us to apply for your visa on your behalf, but we're with you the whole way – with the correct forms, one-on-one calls, visa webinars and Canada Clinics to ensure your application is submitted correctly.

Your visa fee (currently CAD $272) is paid directly to the Canadian government, and you must also attend a biometrics appointment at a designated biometrics centre to have your photo and fingerprints taken.

The whole visa process from entering the IEC visa pool to receiving your ‘Port of Entry’ letter can take between 2-3 months. We suggest booking as soon as the pool opens for the best chance of securing a visa.

You can interview with our summer or winter employers before you go, plus access unlimited working holiday jobs on the road.

Our Dream Jobs team scour the planet finding seasonal employers who are looking to take on working holidaymakers. They’re pre-vetted to make sure everything is legit, and once you get your ‘Invitation to Apply’, you can start searching and applying for positions on our JENZA Job Hub.

If you want to sort a job before you go, we work with some of the top resorts in Canada, including in Banff and Whistler, to help you secure a 4-6 month ski season or summer job. Depending on the resort, you’ll need to commit to the full winter season (Nov-Mar) or summer season (May-Sep). Almost all our seasonal employers include subsidised staff housing (around $400-600 per month) and great perks such as discounted lift passes, gear hire, and ski or snowboard lessons.

If you’d rather wait until you land, a job workshop is included in your arrival orientation. You’ll also have access to our JENZA Job Hub for your whole visa.

Your Work Canada ride or die, all our JENZA Support Squad have worked the world, so can give you firsthand advice on moving overseas. As well as being a geeky bunch of travel nerds and visa whisperers, we're also mental health awareness trained. Which means we know how to connect like humans – not customer service bots.

On top of one-on-one video calls, visa webinars and pre-departure handbooks, there’s a group call with the team in Canada every Tuesday to answer all your questions before you go.

  • 5 nights at the Samesun hostel in either Toronto, Vancouver or Banff; or the HI hostel in Calgary
  • Weekly in-person arrival orientation every Wednesday (remote if starting in Banff or Calgary)
  • Job workshops to find available positions and get your CV Canada-ready (remote if starting in Banff or Calgary)
  • Long-term accommodation support
  • Monthly social events in Vancouver and Toronto
  • Access to SWAP’s resource centres in Vancouver or Toronto for your whole visa

If you’re heading straight for the mountains or don’t want to go via Vancouver or Toronto, you can use your accommodation in Banff or Calgary at any point in your trip.

This is all the un-sexy stuff, but essential and legal stuff you need to start working in Canada. When you arrive, the SWAP team will help you to set up:

  • SIN (Social Insurance Number)
  • Canada bank account
  • SIM card

Free (or close to free) stuff Our favourite F word. Score hundreds of overseas discounts with our virtual JENZA X IYTC card.

Earn extra cash Shot it? Share it. We pay for blogs, vlogs, images and videos. DM us on Insta and send us a pitch.

Ask an alumni  Hear from people who've been. We try to have an alumni on every pre-departure call to answer all your questions.

Find a friend Meet people like you. Connect with travellers arriving at the same time on our JENZA Discord group chats.

Book now pay later

  • Secure your spot with a $180 deposit to get started with the IEC visa application, with support from the JENZA team.
  • Final payment of $1,169 to gain access to the jobs hub, once your ITA is secured.

    About our pricing | Our mission is to make working abroad more accessible. Meaning we do everything we can pay our team, support our partners and make a profit – without screwing over the people who matter. Find out how our pricing works and the people involved in making your JENZA happen.

    We also walk the walk, donating 5% of profits to our overseas scholarship fund.

What’s not included

Support funds (CAD $)

You are required to show proof that you can access CAD $2,500.

Travel insurance for Canada

You may be asked for your policy documents at immigration, so you must take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover you for your whole stay. For example, if you book a six-month policy to save money, you run the risk of your visa being stamped for that duration – not the full duration of your visa.

In-person biometrics appointment

This is a condition of your visa and currently costs CAD $85.

Visa fee Canada

This is paid directly to the Canada Embassy and currently costs CAD $272.

Canada police background check

You need to provide a police check for every country you have continuously lived in for 6+ months since the age of 18. The process and cost varies per country.


We don’t recommend booking flights until your visa is approved.

A girl faces a blue lake in Canada with a mountain in the background
Purple design on left, kayak on lake in Canada with blue sky and mountains in background
JENZA Paper Tear

Fancy another?

Already used your IEC working holiday visa?

JENZA is also allocated RO letters (Recognised Organisation) and Young Professional visas that could still allow you to work in Canada. Call us to check eligibility. Plus, UK passport holders who had an IEC after 2015 can now enter the pools for a second 12-month visa!

JENZA Paper Tear
JENZA Paper Tear

Resorts we work with

Fairmont CWMR Logo - One Line - Black.png
Blue Mountain logo.jpg
panorama-mountain-resort-logo-vector (1).svg
Four Seasons Whistler.png
Pursuit_Logo_CMYK (1).jpg
2020-Logo-Black-Tx-NOTAG (002).png
JENZA Paper Tear
JENZA Paper Tear
JENZA Paper Tear

You shaped travel

What our Canada roadtesters had to say

Before you’re even let loose on one of our JENZA experiences, it’s trialled by either a JENZA roadtester or member of our Youth Advisory Panel. Because if it didn’t fly with them, it’s sure as heck not going to fly with you. Meet Mia and Laura, and their 2-4-1 advice on moving from Oz to Canada. It will give you chills.

Winter wrapped up

Canada winter job fair

We're making light work of this whole hiring thing. Meet our employers face-to-face and get hired on the day at our JENZA x BUNAC Canada winter job fair. Four Seasons Whistler, Blue Mountain, Panorama and the Fairmont are dropping in to do in-person interviews at our London HQ on 31 May-2 Jun. There are 200 jobs up for grabs – from servers to ski instructors. Book your interview slot in your online account. Based elsewhere in the world or washing your hair that weekend? Virtual interview dates coming soon!

Canada visas explained

The IEC Canada visa process can be a bewildering one. A pool without togs is confusing for a start. Especially for Jessie (an Aussie) and one of our JENZA Support Squad. Here’s the need to know on who can apply for a working holiday visa Canada, how the visa pool works and when to apply.

Canada jobs explained

Your visa allows you to do pretty much any job in Canada. But doing a ski season when you arrive is an epic way to find your feet, meet other travellers and live on the mountain. And you don’t need to be able to ski or board. In fact, snow angels can be just as impressive as switch backside 180s. Plus, après ski is universal, right?

The JENZA blog


All the inspo and intel on life in Canada


Need to know / Canada

Everything you need to know about the IEC Canada working holiday visa

Hannah Jeffery

The IEC pools for 2024 visas are open! Here's the ultimate guide.

JENZA Paper Tear

Travel you can trust

Our Extra Mile Promise

Every JENZA experience has been shaped by our Youth Advisory Panel, roadtested by our travellers, and backed by 60+ years of work abroad expertise. But if we still don’t rock your world, we’ll refund the part of your JENZA program you’re not happy with. T&Cs apply

JENZA Paper Tear

Who you gonna call?

Let's talk Canada

Get some facetime with our amazing JENZA Support Squad. When they’re not posing for pool pics, they’re making your work aboard adventures happen with their endless enthusiasm and mad traveller skills. These include: parent whispering, visa geekery and the ability to pack a backpack in 30 seconds flat.


More ways to work the world


Did someone say ‘gap decade?' 

JENZA Paper Tear
YouTubeIcon_White.svgTikTokIcon_White.svgInstagramIcon_White .svg

Privacy Policy

JENZA Travel (NZ) Ltd trading as “JENZA” and “BUNAC” in Australia and New Zealand is a company registered in New Zealand with company number 8177942 and registered address at 336 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North, 4414, New Zealand.